I’ve received this today on OSC mailing list, the name is questionable (a protocol to “put on a show”) although it is a new way to show that OSC has gone much further than “sound” or “new MIDI”. We use it here for blob tracking (on CCV).
show details 6:47 AM (2 minutes ago)
In light of the ever broadening scope of application of Open Sound Control
we have decided to change the name of the OSC encoding to Open Show
Here are some examples of OSC applications motivating the name change:
– Motion capture data from cameras by Qualisys
– Lighting and theatrical control at the Topological Media Lab.
– VRAS and other acoustic rendering systems at Meyer Sound
– Solenoids at Disneyland
– Motor and Servo control on the Make Controller Kit
– Timely media device control and discovery in IEEE AVB
OSC_dev mailing list