CHI Course on Electical Muscle Stimulation
Slides and Course materials:
Overview of our course materials which are now available to download:
- introduction to EMS
- interactive systems in HCI based on EMS (related work)
- Pedro’s work on Proprioceptive Interfaces & Interactive Systems based on EMS
- Max’s work on EMS as Haptics
- Hands-on Introduction to “How to setup the EMS control from an Android phone”
- Introduction to basics of Electrical Muscle Stimulation (golden rules, etc)
Course Abstract: In this course, participants create their own prototypes using electrical-muscle stimulation. We provide a ready-to-use device and toolkit consisting of electrodes, microcontroller, and an off-the-shelve muscle stimulator that allows for programmatically actuating the user’s muscles directly from mobile devices. (Visit the workshop website to see more details)
Interested in having this workshop?
Simply contact me.