Are you looking to know more about my art projects? I have a webpage dedicated to that (here). If you just want a quick overview, here it goes.
I play turntables like they are full-fledged instruments, which means they can be bowed, percussed, scratched, subversed & hacked. I make my own needles and records using circuit-bending and acrylic cutting. I engage in collaboration with visual artists, performance & improvisors. I have played in venues such as Transmediale, Serralves Foundation, Casa da Música, OutFest, Rescaldo, Metasonic & Future Places and collaborate with many artists: Carlos Zíngaro, André Gonçalves, Gabriel Ferrandini, Pedro Sousa, Miguel Sá, Hernâni Faustino, Rodrigo Pinheiro, Per Gärdin, Carlos Santos, Manuela São Simão and in ensembles conducted by William Winnant (Zorn’s Cobra), Reinhold Friedl & Ernesto Rodrigues.
- EITR // Pedro Lopes & Pedro Sousa // “trees have cancer too” [Mazagran, 2013]
- gibberish w/ Manuela São Simão // Festival Silêncio at Goethe Institut Lissabon, 2010 [see it here] & Festival Trama at Serralves, 2011 [see it here]
- Majhora FM // Project by Manuela São Simão, Joana Mateus & Pedro Lopes, at Serralves em Festa, Porto, 2009 [see it here]
- Transhumance // Community-driven Flash Mob by Manuela São Simão and Joana Mateus & Pedro Lopes [see it here]
writing & radio
- “cyber jazz” column for jazz.pt magazine [2010-2013]
- “a new kind of blue” weekly jazz radio show on Radio Zero [2005-2008]
- “Produto Interno Bruto” weekly portuguese music radio show on Radio Zero [2004-2008]